We are seeking to hire a Risk & Compliance Manager who will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of FSD Africa’s risk through development and implementation of appropriate risk management frameworks (policies, procedures, tools/modes, systems and structure), to minimize losses and protect FSD Africa’s reputation.
The Risk & Compliance Manager will be housed within the Finance pillar, reporting directly to the Chief Finance Officer. S/he will lead the Risk and Compliance team; providing clarity of direction for the team and delivering a leadership style that results in staff engagement and effective performance.
- Participate in the review of FSD Africa’s strategy and process to advise on aspects that will result in the implementation of a coherent strategic plan that is relevant and achievable.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization’s risk management processes in order to minimize business risk.
- Oversee the execution of special investigations and projects and manage them to conclusion.
- Ensure compliance in the organization by conducting regular assessments of compliance issues that will result in early address of the same.
- Contribute to strategic knowledge sharing and capacity building to raise awareness and importance of risk management within the organisation.
- Lead the risk management team in a manner that empowers them to deliver FSD Africa’s goals, as well as provide high levels of (internal & external) customer service.
This role requires an individual with a good quality degree in Commerce, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University (Master’s degree or relevant post-graduate qualifications are an advantage). S/he will have at least five (5) years of professional experience with professional qualifications in ACCA/CPA, CFA, Actuarial Science. The ideal candidate will also have an excellent grasp of ERM principle and philosophy with experience in a similar role with a reputable medium to large organization. S/he will demonstrate sound leadership skills and possess relevant knowledge of donor policies and procedures. Previous experience working in a multicultural environment with UK-funded programmes is desired.
Please download the detailed job description for more information. Applications should be sent to email@example.com and are welcome until February 4, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.