We are hiring an Investment Accountant who will be housed within the Finance pillar reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager. S/he will provide clarity of direction and ensure engagement and effective performance to the Assistant Accountant.
The Investment Accountant will be responsible for managing the disbursement and overall accounting of FSD Africa Investments (FSDAi) investment classes and the primary day-to-day responsibility of overseeing debtors and bank holdings.
- Prepare accurate, timely and prudent investment accounts and reports for FSDAI investments to support effective financial decisions.
- Monitor investments and provide regular analysis to communicate status and highlight any areas of concern.
- Ensure compliance in the organization by conducting regular assessments of compliance issues that will result in the early address of the same.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording as well as monitoring of incoming funds (grants and investment interest) to ensure timely and accurate receipt.
- Work collaboratively with the portfolio management team and recipients of invested funds in ensuring that due diligence and financial accountability requirements of FSD Africa and FSDAi are fully met.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring that routine financial administration is carried out in accordance with good accounting practice.
This role requires an individual with a good quality degree in Commerce, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University (Master’s degree or relevant postgraduate qualifications are an advantage).
S/he will have at least three (3) years of professional experience with professional qualifications in ACCA/CPA, CFA. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of IFRS, Investments and Tax Management with experience in a similar role with a reputable medium to large organization.
S/he will demonstrate sound leadership skills and possess advanced analytical and mathematical skills. Previous experience working in Investment Accounting with Management Reporting exposure is desired.
Please download the detailed job description for more information. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are welcome until February 4, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.