FSD Africa is a regional financial sector development programme, funded by the UK’s Department for International Development, which aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in Sub-Saharan Africa and in the economies they serve. It acts as a market catalyst, providing technical know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to Africans businesses and households. It uses research, technical expertise, grant funding and development capital to identify market failures and strengthens the capacity of its partners to improve access to financial services and drive economic growth.
It is FSD Africa’s belief that strong and responsive financial markets will be central to Africa’s emerging growth story.
The Procurement Officer will provide support to the Project Coordinator to ensure that all aspects of procurement and contracting are carried out expeditiously and accurately.
Specific objectives and activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Support Heads of Department in comprehensive resource & procurement planning
- Identify, evaluate & contract appropriate vendors to ensure effective resourcing of the programmes
- Procure quality goods and services at the best value to ensure the achievement of programme goals
- Ensure that FSD Africa’s policies and procedures in procurement are followed and are in accordance with best practice
- Implement all aspects of the Risk Management framework relating to procurement
Background and qualifications
- Degree level, purchasing and supply chain certification an added advantage
- At least five years of experience in a similar procurement role with a reputable organization
- Detailed knowledge and experience with the related laws of Kenya and procurement best practice
- Demonstrable strong customer focus
- Previous experience of working in DFID-funded projects
For the detailed job description, click here. Submit your application online at www.adeptsystems.co.ke. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements, indicating your current and expected remuneration. Applications must be received by close of business Friday 23 November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FSD Africa is an equal opportunity employer.