Search results

    Blog post | 12 May 2016 | Kátia Agostinho

Ten Things To Know About Access to Finance by Women

Mozambique | Financial Inclusion | Market Development

Fact: the gap is increasing; women formal inclusion is increasing at a lower rate than men (55% vs 74% increase) from 2009 to 2014.   On April 7th, we celebrated the Mozambican Women Day. FSDMoç is taking this opportunity to highlight to importance of access to finance...

Find out more
    Blog post | 16 March 2016 | Kátia Agostinho

Women’s Key Roles as Farmers and Caregivers: What Do We Know?

Mozambique | Agriculture / rural finance | Gender

“When you invest in women and girls, you invest in everyone” Melinda Gates posted in Facebook. Did you know that agriculture in Mozambique employs 62% of  the women labour force which represents the vast majority (almost 90%) of those that work in agriculture?...

Find out more
    Document | October 2015 | UNCDF

Youthstart Global – Inception Phase; Youth Economic Opportunity Ecosystem Analysis

Mozambique | Agriculture / rural finance | Financial Inclusion | Financial literacy | Policy and regulation

This is the Mozambique country report by UNCDF published in October 2015 on Youthstart Global’s Inception Phase – Youth Economic Opportunity Ecosystem Analysis. Production was co-funded by Sida, UNCDF, FSD Mozambique and Dalberg. The report keenly analyses the...

Find out more
    Document | September 2015 | OzMozis Lda, FSD Moçambique

Financial Inclusion and its Linkages with the Extractive Sector in Moçambique

Mozambique | Extractives | Programming | SME finance

A resources-led economic boom is underway in Moçambique. Over the past decade, there has been a remarkable growth in the identification and initial exploitation of mineral and hydrocarbon resources. There is a belief among many in Moçambique that more can and should be...

Find out more
    Call for Proposal
    17 August 2015

Designing Mobile Money Guidelines for SADC

Malawi | Mozambique | Other | South Africa | Tanzania | Zambia | Digital finance services | Payments | Policy and regulation

The overall purpose of the project is to develop mobile money guidelines to assist SADC member states harmonise their legal and regulatory frameworks for mobile money in support of greater financial inclusion and market development in the region. The main objectives of...

Find out more
    Document | July 2016

Analysis of Unbanked Mozambicans

Mozambique | Financial Inclusion

Who are the Unbanked in Mozambique The total adult (+16) unbanked is 11.6 million (80% of total adult population in Mozambique). 75% of unbanked adults lives in rural areas and the remaining 25% lives in urban areas On average the unbanked have 35 years old. Around...

Find out more Download
    Document | July 2016

Analysis of Rural Financial Inclusion

Mozambique | Financial Inclusion

Rural Financial Inclusion in Mozambique The total adult (+16) rural population is 9.7 million (67% of total adult population in Mozambique). There are no gender distribution differences between rural and urban areas; 52% are women. 44% of rural adults are younger...

Find out more Download
    Document | July 2016

Analysis of Youth Financial Inclusion

Mozambique | Financial Inclusion

Analysis of Youth Financial Inclusion in Mozambique The total adult (+16) rural population is 9.7 million (67% of total adult population in Mozambique). There are no gender distribution differences between rural and urban areas; 52% are women. 44% of rural adults...

Find out more Download