Zimbabwe Country Manager
FSD Africa is a non-profit company which aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and in the economies they serve. It provides know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to African businesses and households.
Reporting to FSD Africa’s Director of Strategy and Advocacy, the successful candidate will have the freedom to design and deliver a work-plan to build and strengthen FSD Africa’s footprint in Zimbabwe. The two main objectives will be to build a programme of work in Zimbabwe that reduces poverty by driving: a) financial inclusion (affordable, accessible, useful) amongst Zimbabwean households; and b) capital market development (inclusive, job-creating, productivity enhancing) in Zimbabwe.
Specific objectives and activities will include:
- The design and delivery of a well-functioning, capitalised FSD Zimbabwe structure
- Management of a pipeline of new options for FSD Africa to support
- Initiation and management of FSD Africa’s existing portfolio across all elements of the project management cycle
- Stakeholder management of sensitive partnerships
- Management of a monitoring and results measurement process for all interventions.
Background and qualifications
Professional qualification and relevant accreditations (Masters level from a globally respected academic institution)
- More than 10 years of working experience in a relevant environment
- Significant team building and staff management experience with proven success in developing strong relationships with, and the respect of, other functional executives
- The ideal candidate will have had a successful track record as an MD or Head of Programmes with at least five years’ experience in Africa
- Proven track record of effective delivery of results
- Knowledge of donor reporting processes (including UK Aid)
- Demonstrated first-hand experience of rigorous project management skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
FSD Africa has partnered with Outsized who is supporting the recruitment of this position. For the detailed job description, visit our website at www.fsdafrica.org (quick links-jobs). Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com and must be received by close of business 15 June 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Fore more details about the role, kindly click here to read more.
FSD Africa is an equal opportunity employer.