Request For Proposals: Credit Market Development Programme: Ghana Project Co-ordinator
FSD Africa is a non-profit company based in Nairobi which promotes poverty reduction through financial sector development across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).
FSD Africa is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator based in Accra, Ghana, to support the implementation of credit market work in Ghana under FSD Africa’s Credit Market Development Programme (CMDP). The CMDP aims to support the development of credit markets that are efficient, inclusive and maintain high standards of market conduct across SSA, thereby expanding quality access to credit for retail and MSME consumers.
In March 2018, FSD Africa signed an MOU with the Bank of Ghana (BOG) to provide support to BOG on the implementation of a set of activities that aim to catalyse appropriate retail credit market growth in the country.
The primary purpose of the Ghana Project Coordinator role is to support FSD Africa’s CMDP-related activities in Ghana, commencing with coordination and project management support to the implementation of a credit market diagnostic and the design of a credit market monitoring mechanism, both of which are getting underway. A secondary purpose is to provide ad hoc support to FSD Africa’s other interventions in Ghana, if and when required. The role will include the following tasks, with specific KPIs agreed with FSD Africa on contracting:
- General coordination and project management – Working closely with the CMDP team to support the implementation and related administration of the CMDP programme in Ghana;
- Stakeholder engagement – Identifying and engaging with financial sector regulators, policymakers, development agencies, research institutes and industry players;
- Convening – Organising and participating in meetings, interviews, workshops and other events with BOG and other identified stakeholders;
- Technical support – Undertaking analysis and contributing to the development of project reports, presentations and other outputs as required;
- Communicating – Contributing to the design and delivery of a communications strategy for the CMDP programme in Ghana including the drafting of communication materials;
- Monitoring and reporting – Monitoring and reporting on project progress; and
- Other support – Providing support to other FSD Africa activities in Ghana.
Proposals should be no more than 6 sides of A4 (excluding CV) and include:
- CV, tailored to the requirements outlined above (maximum 3 sides A4) with contact information, location of candidate (city, country), business-related social media contacts, if any;
- Summary of knowledge/expertise as relevant to the requirements outlined;
- Statement of (a) why you believe you are the right person for the assignment (based on qualifications and experience as per criteria listed in the terms of reference), and (b) summary of your assessment of the key challenges and areas of priority for credit market development in Africa;
- Statement describing your availability within the next 6-12 months and ability and willingness to travel;
- Current daily fee rate (in US$ or £) commensurate with the nature of a long-term retainer agreement;
- List of 3-5 recent relevant assignments and the actual rates and number of days engaged on each;
- Names and contact details of two referees, and
- Any other information you believe should be considered.
To access the Terms of Reference (TOR) click here