FSD Africa (FSDA) is a non-profit company which aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in SSA and in the economies they serve. It provides know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to African businesses and households.
Through access to finance initiatives, FSDA seeks to build financial inclusion. Through capital market development, it looks to promote economic growth and increase investment. As a regional programme, it seeks to encourage collaboration, knowledge transfer and market-building activities – especially in Fragile and Conflict Affected States.
FSDA is funded with UK aid from the UK government (Department for International Development).
Location: The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Project Co-ordinator, and working as a core member of the Operations, the Office Administrator will support the team in managing and overseeing the administrative aspects of FSDA’s programme.
- Ensure that FSDA’s physical front office is always manned during normal office hours
- Handle local and international travel requirements, arrange and handle support for meetings and workshops
- HR support for interviews and personnel leave tracking
- Source quotations for goods and services, issuing of notices/advertisements requesting expression of interest (EOIs) for goods and services
- Maintain flights costs, hotel rates trackers, supplies, maintenance and asset records
- Manage petty cash float in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Manage the maintenance of the paper-based record system
Background and qualifications
- Relevant experience and professional qualifications (e.g. business administration, facilities management);
- At least 3 years administration work experience will be an added advantage;
- Proven, strong organisational skills, including the ability to self-start, prioritise and proactively respond to evolving/ unfolding demands;
- Experience in managing processes and analysing information;
- Demonstrably strong customer focus;
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken); able to interact with both senior and junior stakeholders both internally and externally;
- First-rate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Send your application letter and detailed CV (2 sides A4) to Human Capital Synergies Africa at email@example.com on or before Friday 10th November 2017 by 1200 (EAT). Please put in the subject line “FSD Africa Office Administrator.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FSD Africa is an equal opportunity employer