Reporting to the Director, Strategy & Advocacy and to the Chief Operating Officer, the Communications Coordinator will support the implementation of FSD Africa’s communications efforts. Specific objectives and activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Designing and delivering a comprehensive but practical communications platform for FSD Africa. Develop a comprehensive communications plan for market development strategy, providing guidelines to promote internal and external branding and visibility.
- Supporting the design and delivery of communications platforms for FSD Network members. Provide communications and capacity building leadership across the FSD Network. This will require African travel.
- Fostering a vibrant FSD Network Working Group for communications. Galvanise the community of practice for an existing FSD Network Communications Working Group by injecting energy and ideas, and formalising its ongoing modus operandi.
- Developing and managing innovative tools and channels to capture and share FSD Africa and FSD Network ideas and impact. Strengthen existing and create new ways to communicate the impact of financial sector development across sub-Saharan Africa.
Competencies & Experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of strategic communications. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a deep conceptual understanding of strategic communications as well as knowledge of how communications work can be applied to the field of international development and preferably how it relates to financial market systems development.
- Extensive experience of developing and operating communications platforms and activities. Demonstrate proven capability to develop, implement and manage an effective FSD Africa communications platform.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of training and coaching others in strategic communications. Demonstrate potential to provide targeted support to build in-house communications capacity across the FSD Network and enhance the Network’s overall communication with and to external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of the financial sector in sub-Saharan Africa
Candidates are invited to submit a one-page cover letter indicating current and expected remuneration, together with maximum two-page CV to email@example.com with ‘FSD Africa Communications Co-ordinator’ in the subject box. The deadline for receipt of applications is 1200 EAT on Thursday 29 March 2018. The best qualified applicants will be invited to interview for the position.