Capital Markets Development Specialist
Reporting to the Director, Financial Markets, the Capital Markets Development Specialist will be a key member of the team that will manage the implementation of capital market initiatives across sub-Saharan Africa. She/he will also contribute to the implementation of strategies for enhancing capital markets: bond markets, equity markets, alternative finance markets, capacity building, professional investor base development, market infrastructure and knowledge management, and may specifically oversee the building of services in one or more of these markets.
The Capital Markets Development Specialist will bring professional and technical strengths from a career as a manager or equivalent in a relevant institution (e.g. investment bank, brokerage, consulting firm, fund manager), or multi-lateral agency or in corporate banking, with a strong focus on capital markets, and/or with experience of analysing, advising on, or structuring long-term finance investments.
This role presents a unique challenge for an individual who would like to contribute to the early stages of an organisation which will deliver significant impact over the coming years, and who would like the opportunity to innovate and create new ideas and ways of working. The role provides the opportunity to be part of the dynamic FSD Network and to engage with, and learn from, the community of FSDs, DFID and other international development agencies that FSDA collaborates closely with.
Essential Professional Qualifications
- Professional qualification and relevant accreditations (Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Development Studies, or other relevant fields).
- At least 8 years working experience in capital markets in a relevant institution (e.g. investment bank, brokerage, consulting firm, fund manager), or multi-lateral agency or in corporate banking, with a strong focus on capital markets, with a significant and proven record of achievement
- Knowledge of global regulation in the capital markets
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage a diverse portfolio of projects
- Ability to conceptualize and present ideas with conviction and influence at highest levels
- Knowledge/experience of working in Africa
- Demonstrable interest in the role that markets can play in reducing poverty (i.e. must demonstrate genuine empathy with FSDA’s poverty-reducing mandate)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
Candidates are invited to submit an application online at www.adeptsystems.co.ke. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements, indicating your current and expected remuneration. Applications must be received by close of business Friday 20 April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To get more details on the role, click here to view and download the full job description.