Assistant Manager, Inclusive Finance
FSD Africa (FSDA) is a regional financial sector development programme, funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), which aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and in the economies they serve. It acts as a “market catalyst”, providing technical know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to Africans businesses and households. It uses research, technical expertise, grant funding and development capital to identify market failures and strengthens the capacity of its partners to improve access to financial services and drive economic growth. It is FSDA’s belief that strong and responsive financial markets will be central to Africa’s emerging growth story.
Reporting to the Director, Inclusive Finance, the Assistant Manager will apply his or her talent, motivation and experience to support the design, management, monitoring and communication of FSD Africa’s Inclusive Finance interventions and programmes which extend across SSA. These programmes – which currently span credit markets, insurance, remittances, housing finance, savings groups, financial inclusion capacity building, gender – form the core of FSDA’s financial inclusion portfolio.
- Support the development and delivery of FSDA’s Inclusive Finance strategy, including designing and driving a communications plan for all programmes
- Originate, design, manage and report on a variety of interventions across SSA
- Institute impact oriented monitoring and results measurement mechanisms for projects to ensure that FSDA’s investments achieve desired impact
- Conduct research and analysis to support FSDA’s Inclusive Finance work
- Identify and strengthen partnerships with country-based, regional and international partners
- Build relationships with FSDs within the FSD Network ensuring a collaborative approach
- Contribute to the widening of FSDA’s network and influence
- Professional qualification (minimum undergraduate degree) in Development Studies, Economics or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years’ working experience within a development, consulting and/or financial services environment, with a proven track record of achievement
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working in Africa
- Knowledge of financial sector development and financial inclusion issues, including in Africa
- Demonstrated empathy with FSD Africa’s mandate to reduce poverty
- Strong project management skills, including proven ability to manage a diverse range of projects
- Excellent communication skills (in English), including an ability to write, compile presentations and speak confidently in public
- Ability to conceptualise, analyse and present ideas convincingly
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship development and management skills
Send your application letter and detailed CV to reach us on or before Monday 10th April, 2017 by 1200 (EAT) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line” Assistant Manager, Inclusive Finance”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FSD Africa is an equal opportunity employer