Assistant Director – Strategic Initiatives
FSD Africa (FSDA) is a non-profit company operating across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). FSDA aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in SSA and in the economies they serve.It provides know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to African businesses and households. FSDA is funded by UK aid from the UK government.
The Assistant Director – Strategic Initiatives has a broad and clearly defined scope but offers the successful candidate the opportunity to imprint her/his ideas in the areas below:
- Developing and implementing strategic communications programmes around key themes: gender, youth and FSDA key projects
- Strategic relationship management with DFID, City of London and UK academic audiences, Nairobi-based regional institutions and other African stakeholders
- New initiatives: Development Capital and Fragile and Conflict Affected States
The core of the job is to identify and pursue knowledge-based programmes that result in critical insights being disseminated to key audiences. The appointee should be a strategic and conceptual thinker, demonstrate a high degree of intellectual curiosity and have first rate representational and networking skills. The role is Nairobi based but will require periodic travel around the region and to London.
Key competencies and experience include:
- Masters qualification from an internationally significant academic institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the private sector at Assistant Director/Director level in Africa and the UK
- Ability to think rigorously and derive insights from data
- First rate stakeholder relationship management skills; networks in C-suite (or public sector equivalent) in multiple African countries, the UK and in the donor/multilateral community
- Excellent origination skills with a track record of having successfully identified and landed new opportunities
- Experience of the new communications environment; social media, website based communications etc.
- Outstanding written and spoken English skills
Click here for the full job description.
To apply, send a one-page cover letter and two-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before Friday 17th March 2017, 1200 EAT. Please put in the subject line “Assistant Director – Strategic Initiatives”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FSD Africa is an equal opportunity employer.