Assistant Director – Insurance Sector
As a key member of the Competitive Strategies team, the Assistant Director will work to bring about real change in financial institutions that will lead to increased access to financial services for underserved and unserved people in SSA.
The appointee will contribute to the practical implementation of programs within the Pillar.
Specific deliverables will be:
- Support the development of the Competitive Strategies Pillar, with a specific focus on the Insurance sector in SSA
- Identify, engage and empower key Insurance sector institutions
- Recruit and deploy consultants to deliver against project requirements
- Implement quality multi -year programmes /projects
- Manage FSDA’s financial resources allocated to programs ensuring compliance with FSDA and Donor policies
- Drive the transformation of the SSA insurance sector through effective influencing, advocacy and communication strategies
- Develop close links with peers in the other FSDA Pillars and the FSD Network to support the development of strategies
Background and qualifications
Master’s degree in financial services or management
- 7-12 years’ experience within the insurance sector either in a senior management or consultancy environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage a diverse portfolio of projects
- Knowledge/experience of working in the insurance sector in SSA
- Excellent relationship/interpersonal skills, written and spoken English
- Experience working with multi-national teams and the donor community
- Languages: French; Swahili and/or other African languages an advantage
For the detailed job description click here. Send your application letter and detailed CV as a single document including your salary expectation to reach us on or before Friday 11 May 2018 by 1200 (EAT) to email@example.com. Please put in the subject line “Assistant Director Insurance Sector.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FSD Africa is an equal opportunity employer.