Investment & Regional Strategies Analyst
Reporting to the Directors of Capital Markets Development and Regional Strategies, the successful candidate will have the flexibility to design and deliver a work-plan to build and strengthen FSDA’s projects and portfolio of investments. Working alongside the Capital Markets Development team, the focus will be on identifying opportunities that FSDA can invest in to create systemic impact. With the Regional Strategies team, the focus will be on building FSDA’s projects and presence in Fragile States – which, to date, have focused on Zimbabwe, Sierra Leone and DR Congo.
- Work closely with:
- the Director Capital Markets Development and colleagues to support the delivery of the team’s strategy over the next 5 years
- the Director Regional Strategies to explore opportunities and to support initiatives within FCAS
- Support colleagues in ensuring that programme delivery is focused to meet DFID’s expected outcomes and maximise developmental impact
- Assist with the preparation of concept notes and investment documentation for Board and Investment Committee approval
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of proposed investments is robust and relevant e.g. through timely data collection and design of supplemental evaluative research
- Develop effective relationships with peers across the FSD Network to leverage their networks and contacts and bring joint working opportunities to their attention
Background and qualifications
- Masters level qualification, preferably in Economics, Business or Finance from a globally respected academic institution
- Previous working experience in the developing world, preferably in Africa
- Experience in the investment environment
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skill sets
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
Submit your application online at www.adeptsystems.co.ke. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements, indicating your current and expected remuneration. Applications must be received by close of business 10 January 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.