ITT: Project Manager For The Kenya Green Bond Programme
The Kenya Green Bond Programme will accelerate the take-up of green bonds as a tool for Kenya to tap into international and domestic capital markets to finance green projects and assets. Through its outputs, the programme aims to facilitate capital flows into green investments to support sustainable growth in Kenya. The programme will support potential Kenyan green bond issuers to come to market, engage the institutional investment community.
The Kenya Green Bond Programme seeks to hire a Project Manager to coordinate the activities of the programme. FSD Africa, the Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) and the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) are inviting tenders from suitably qualified persons for the position of Project Manager.
FSD Africa is a non-profit company funded by the UK Government which aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in sub-Saharan Africa and in the economies they serve. It provides know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to African businesses and households.
The Kenya Bankers Association is the banking industry umbrella body. It is actively involved in performing advocacy on behalf of the banking industry and championing for financial sector development through strategic projects.
Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is the principal bourse in Kenya, offering an automated platform for the listing and trading of multiple securities.
The Project Manager must possess at least 6 years relevant senior management experience and demonstrate:
- A commercial orientation, a background in investment banking and capital markets.
- Proven track-record of implementing technical projects with multiple local, regional and international stakeholders within the financial sector
- Solid understanding of Sustainable Finance Principles and Green Finance approaches.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan and African Green Economy context.
The proposal should include:
- Response letter (no more than 2 pages)
- Bio profile and Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Financial proposal indicating compensation terms
- A case study of a related assignment, outlining project deliverables, stakeholders, budget and outcomes. The case study should be no more than 4 pages.
Your proposal should be sent by email to email@example.com under a subject line reading ‘Invitation to Tender: Project Manager for the Kenya Green Bond Programme.
Proposals must be received by FSD Africa no later than 1200 Friday 5 May 2017