Invitation to Tender: Credit Market Development Programme Project Manager
FSD Africa is a non-profit company based in Nairobi which promotes poverty reduction through financial sector development across sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). It sees itself as a catalyst for change, working with partners to build financial markets that are robust, efficient and, above all, inclusive. It uses funding, research and technical expertise to identify market failures and strengthen the capacity of its partners to improve access to financial services and drive economic growth.
FSD Africa’s Credit Market Development Programme (CMDP) aims to support the development of credit markets across SSA that are efficient, inclusive and maintain high standards of market conduct in order to expand quality access to credit for retail and SME consumers. It comprises interventions and will be implemented in partnership with FSDs and other facilitating agencies, as well as with donors, research institutes and government organisations. This call for proposals seeks to identify a suitable financial sector/credit market specialist to fulfil the role of Project Manager on a retained part-time basis (10-15 days a month), to be involved in all aspects of the CMDP.
The successful candidate will have extensive research, consulting and project management experience within the financial sector development field in Africa, ideally including experience in Africa’s credit markets. Experience in working in a central bank or other financial sector regulator, a financial institution and/or with multi-lateral development institutions promoting financial sector development will be a strong advantage. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Proposals should be no more than 6 sides of A4 (excluding CV) and should include:
- Summary of knowledge/expertise as relevant to the requirements in the terms of reference
- Statement of (a) why you believe you are the right person for the assignment, (b) summary of your assessment of the key challenges and areas of priority for credit market development in Africa; and (c) your proposals for the most effective manner in which FSDA should be supporting the development and growth of credit markets in Africa
- Statement describing your availability within the next 6-12 months and ability and willingness to travel
- Current daily fee rate (USD/GBP) commensurate with the nature of a long-term retainer agreement and inclusive of all taxes
- List of 3-5 recent relevant assignments and the actual rates and number of days engaged on each
Full details can be obtained from our website www.fsdafrica.org (quick links-call)
Your proposal should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 1200 (EAT), 15 January 2018 under a subject line reading ‘Invitation to Tender: CMDP Project Manager.