EOI: Specialists in Fragility Affected States in Africa (FASA)
FSD Africa (“FSDA”) is looking to build a panel of financial market specialists in fragility affected states in Africa (FASA). FSDA plans to call on this panel for draw–down (i.e. retained consultant) arrangements and/or short-term consultancy assignments.
This call for Expression of Interest (EOI) aims to identify individual consultants or consulting firms with these skills and with whom FSDA can work as follows:
FSDA wishes to identify consultants who, by virtue of their location and prior experience, have deep and credible relationships in and understanding of specific financial markets in FASA.
The successful consultant will have several years of in-country experience and strong but independent working relationships with financial sector policy makers, regulators and the private sector.
Priority countries for the purposes of this EOI are:
- Sierra Leone, and
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
FSDA also wishes to identify consultants who, by virtue of their prior experience, have deep and credible relationships in and understanding of specific themes within financial markets in FASA.
The successful consultant will have several years of operational and technical experience in two priority themes for the purpose of this EOI:
- Displaced population finance, and
- Cross-border remittances.
Your EOI should contain:
- Your name and a full CV
- Your place of business
- A list of your business proficient languages
- A short writing sample
- Your area of expertise (as per 2.3 above)
- A short statement (maximum 1 side of A4) of why you believe you have the right qualifications to help FSDA in the stated area
- A statement describing your availability, e.g.:
- Preferred length of assignment
- Willingness to travel
- Availability in the next 12-18 months
- Your current fee per day in GBP (applicable for at least 18 months)
- Key conflicts of interest within your area of expertise
- Any other information that you believe should be taken into account in the pre-qualification process
Your EOI, which must not exceed two sides of A4 (font size 11) in total (excluding annexes), should be sent to FSD Africa at firstname.lastname@example.org under a subject line reading: “Expression of interest: Specialists in Fragility Affected States in Africa’’
Click here to get full details of the EOI.
Expressions of interest must be received by FSDA no later than 1200 (EAT) Friday 25 November 2016