FSD Africa Vacancies
Welcome to FSD Africa’s jobs page!
Here you will find details of FSD Africa and some of our FSD Network member and implementing partner vacancies
Reporting to the MRM Coordinator, the successful candidate will support FSD Africa’s Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) system. Specific objectives and activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the management of FSD Africa’s results tracking system. FSD Africa (FSDA) currently has MS Office-based project databases, and plans to transition to an online SQL system by mid-2017. Considerable work is needed to keep the project databases up to date, and aggregate data within a programme database (currently under development). The MRM Assistant will be responsible for carrying out routine and timely updates and undertaking quality assurance on all project databases. This will involve working closely with FSDA staff and partners to ensure timely submission of project progress reports.
- Working with partners to establish and implement MRM plans. To carry out its work, FSDA engages with many diverse partners. These include development institutions, financial service providers and financial sector regulators. There is shared responsibility between FSD Africa and its partners to monitor and measure results. The MRM Assistant, in close consultation with the MRM Coordinator, will provide technical support to partners in the development of practical MRM plans that are aligned to FSDA’s procedures. Such plans should facilitate effective and timely reporting, learning, and adaptive management at partner level.
- Supporting FSDA’s routine outcome monitoring initiatives. Routine monitoring needs to go beyond tracking activity implementation and the immediate ‘outputs’ generated. It should extend further, to evaluate ‘outcomes’ and obtain a perspective relating to how and why change happens. Using a pre-defined approach, the MRM Assistant will support FSDA’s outcome monitoring initiatives by periodically obtaining data from market actors, businesses, households and individuals targeted by initiatives receiving FSD Africa support. This may involve working with and shadowing externally-contracted consultants or managing a team of data collectors who interact directly with targeted respondents.
- Contributing to the review and refinement of FSDA’s MRM approach. FSDA’s MRM approach must be versatile enough to respond to the information needs of its complex financial sector development work. The MRM Assistant will participate in reviewing FSDA’s results measurement approaches and contributing towards its refinement. In addition, he/she will participate in documenting experiences, and sharing lessons and best/promising practices of these approaches for replication by other development partners. This will require working closely with FSDA’s Communications Coordinator.
Essential professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Development Studies, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- Professional training in Monitoring and Results Measurement from a recognized institution.
- Professional training in Research methodology with more emphasis on Operations Research.
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and measuring results and/or conducting research to inform development initiatives. Prior experience in applying these skills in a Financial Sector Development context is preferred.
- Experience in deploying technology such as digital data gathering tools and GIS (Geographical Information Systems) in obtaining and managing data is highly sought
- Good understanding of the Financial Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Essential personal attributes
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks to ensure timely and effective delivery of assignments
- A team-player
- Goal – focused
To apply, send a one-page cover letter and two-page CV to email@example.com by 1200 (EAT) on or before Friday, 14 October 2016. The email should contain “MRM Assistant” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.